Friday, March 9, 2012

So I'm sick


Yeah it's true. And I have totally flaked on my 31 day challenge for NCM. Sorry!
My sister came to visit and I decided to put those crafts on hold and go shopping instead. I love shopping and I don't have to be buying anything to enjoy it.
Then I caught a nasty cold. I don't know if Mike gave it to me, or if it was Little Miss S, but I've got it, and I don't want it.
Let's hope I get better ASAP so I can get going on the crafts!

So this is a quick craft that I really enjoy. It's wonderful, and so perfect.
The Record Bowl
Use it as a popcorn bowl, use it to put your keys in, hang it on your wall, or turn it into a lamp!
It's really easy and makes a great gift.

Here's what you'll need:
*Oven safe bowl (I used my tin mixing bowl)
*Vinyl Record
*Cookie Sheet
*Oven
How to:
1) Preheat your oven to 200 degrees.
2) Place the bowl upside down on the cookie sheet. 
3) Set the record horizontally on bottom of the bowl.



  4) Place the cookie sheet, the bowl, and the record inside the heated oven, and set your timer for 8 to 10 minutes.

5) The record will start to soften and drape itself around the bowl.6) When ready, remove cookie sheet, bowl, and record from the oven.
*This is where you have to be fast!!*
7) While your record is still soft, use your oven mitt to shape the record.
8) After you have shaped it to your liking, peel it away from oven safe bowl, and enjoy!
You can shape your record using the inside of the bowl, or keep it on the outside and shape it that way. If you use the inside you have a better chance of the base of your record bowl being even, but I have done it both ways, and if you feel okay about having it a little uneven, or can press it down without placing the record on the inside, then go ahead and shape it on the outside. It's all personal choice. Try it out both ways!
There are a lot of different styles. Do a Google search to find the look you want, and have fun with it!

Happy crafting!



Pin It!

No comments: