Saturday, March 3, 2012

National craft month

Did you hear?
March is national craft month!
My sweet mother in law suggested I do a craft a day to celebrate. That's a lot of crafting guys!
So here's the deal. I don't really want to do this alone, so will ya'll link up in the comments and craft along with me?
Every day from now until March 31, I will be posting a craft that I made, and depending on my skills, a tutorial too.  By the end of the month, you'll have 30 new crafts to try out! Yes, I am aware that there are 31 days in March, but I'm starting today which is the 2nd. Don't judge.
A craft does not mean  you have to sew, heaven knows I prefer my trusty hot glue gun, over my easy quite complicated, sewing machine! You can paint, Mod Podge, repurpose, etc. You get it, just do something crafty!
If you don't have time to make something to post, share a tutorial you like, made by someone else!
Now go get your craft on!



National Craft Month, thirty....one? day challenge!

Day... 2?
(Yeah, I'm not the greatest, guys)

>>>The Rope swing Hair clip<<<
Materials:
-T-shirt
-Crochet hook
-hot glue gun... and glue
-bobby pin

How to:
Are you ready for this? It's super complicated.
1) Cut a thin strip off of your T-shirt.
(Cutting  from top to bottom will allow just enough length for this project.)

2) Pull both ends to make it stretch and curl.



3) Make a slipknot and begin crocheting a simple chain.
(basically just making a line of slipknots. If you don't understand, locate the nearest grandma and ask her)


4) You may stop at any time, when you have reached your desired length.

5) With the extra ends (if making a small chain) cut and glue under.

6) Glue the bobby pin, alligator clip, whatever you have decide to use, (I used a bobby pin for a more simple look) underneath
7) Let dry, and voila! You are now ready to sport that rope inspired hair accessory. I think it's perfect for spring/summer.

You can get crafty with this and make headbands, or connect the two ends and make a cute hair elastic to pull your hair into a loose ponytail. You could even turn one into a necklace, or wear it as a belt. The possibilities are endless!

Pin It!

2 comments:

Hotflash said...

Does cooking count? I made truffles today. And maple glazed nuts.

Bryttan said...

Well it does in my book! We thought up this challenge, so we choose the rules :) Besides, your cooking is an art, and art is a craft, right?