Thursday, March 1, 2012

A helpful hint!


This is not a picture of my stove, but it's similar. I have one of those flat surface stoves (which I love by the way) and as you all know, I am very good at letting my things boil over, and last week I found that Mike was practicing this skill as well!
It's okay though, cause I used my noodle and tried something new!
Perhaps ya'll already know this trick, I didn't know it but it works for carpet stains, so of course I had to try it to clean the stove?? Whatever, it worked!

What you'll need:
*Sponge
*Baking Soda
*Vinegar
*Water


I put the baking soda all over the burned stove, and then poured vinegar onto it. I let it suds up and then wiped it with the sponge and it came right off! I decided to go to town and clean the whole stove that way, and it pulled grime off that I didn't even know was there!
After I had cleaned it all, I wiped it off with clean water and then washed it again using only vinegar.
(Vinegar doesn't leave water marks when you wash appliances with it)
Nifty, no?

Let me know if it works for you! Know any other secrets? Do share!
Pin It!

1 comment:

Hotflash said...

I have done that for pots and pans that have caked on stuff. Works wonderful. And when I used to have the kind of stove that had drip pans, I soaked them in the same thing and they came out so shiny and clean.

I love my flat top stove too. well, I loved the one I had in my house better, but that was an amazing kitchen that I designed. This one i have now is adequate. Just. Adequate. LOL