Wednesday, March 21, 2012

He looks like your typical guy, but inside he is stronger.

" just when i think that i can't love these children more than i already do today, tomorrow happens.
oh the joy that i get the blessing of being the one to hold them, carry them, and laugh with them. "
-
Joban

As I sit here with tears in my eyes, I feel the spirit so strongly.
I am listening to this beautiful song, 

being reminded of the talk that was given in church last Sunday.
How lovely the words she spoke. She taught about the power of music. The beauty in it, and the way the spirit can speak to you through it. The way you can teach others through it. How every song we sing in church, is just a prayer to our Heavenly Father.

I am not sharing any of this with you because I think you, or myself,  are not wonderful people.
I am sharing this with you, because when I find something that touches my heart, I feel like sharing it with the world.
 If you don't want to read it, you do not have to. But if you do, I hope you take something away from it. Maybe you will feel the spirit as I have.


I am reading a journal of an amazing guy.
I do not know him. I don't know his whole life story. But, I know that when I read his stories, I am knowing his heart. 
I pray that I can love each and every one of Heavenly Fathers children unconditionally, as he does.
>>>

THURSDAY, 23 JUNE 2011

Amy's Prayer

She didn't pretend to be poetic or prophetic.
It was the honesty to her faith that made her words real. It was her struggles and her doubts that made her words a prayer. And this is what she prayed over me:

I see a picture of a man who left everything to live among the poor and the broken. He looked like them, talked like them, dressed like them. He ate what they ate, drank what they drank. He became one of them, lived among them.

Years later he died.

Sometime after, a missionary came to that village with the Gospel- to share the story of Jesus to the villagers. And in hearing that story, they responded "Oh yeah! We know Jesus. He used to live here a few years ago."

This has become my prayer. Even though it was forever ago that I was in a room with Amy and those dear friends, I'm still praying that prayer tonight. Even though I feel so far from the Messiah and the Missionary, I'm still praying that prayer tonight. Every prayer waits the arrival of the dawn.

TUESDAY, 17 MAY 2011

the call within the call
"it was another one of those days. it started at 4 in the morning bearing witness to the sunrise, followed by restless movements on a sleepless bed.

disclaimer: i want to share this with all honesty knowing how weak the world will know me to be.

"Janelle, please pray for me. It's getting heavier and I can physically feel the ache. I've been crying and praying, night and day. I can't sleep and I don't know what's happening - it's never been like this before. Even right now on the way to the village, I'm crying in the taxi. I want to be fully present with the kids but my heart is on Uganda. I feel like I ran away from the calling." 
- that was a text message i sent to my praying friend here at 7:12am.

i'm opening this out in hopes that at least a few of you will remember this in prayer. my heart has always been with the orphans of Africa - and lately, it's been so heavy to bear. i'm crying for a miracle, crying for purpose because there is nothing heroic about my life like my heroes. something tells me that there's got to be more. that this is not all there is to the story... "
>>>
I pray that we will not dwell on worldly things, if not necessary. That we will not speak unkindly towards one another. That we will not be so quick to judge. That we can all look deeply into the eyes of others, searching for their story, their love, their pain and suffering..
Laugh loudly with friends, and smile often. Offer support and love to others, and strive to be a better person.  Love the poor and orphaned fiercely. Find that empty place in your heart and fill it. Dance, make music, let it be known and share with everyone, that you have found your place here. You have found happiness.
 Share your burning testimony.

Pin It!

No comments: