Monday, February 13, 2012

Wedding thoughts


  As I sit here thinking about Valentines day and how much I love my husband, I can't help but feel super duper sad. I am so happy I married him, he is my everything. But Valentines Day isn't just to show love to your significant other, it is to show your love for everyone! I am thinking back to our wedding day, and while it is one of the happiest days of my life, it is also a day I will always look back at and think, why didn't I wait. Not because I don't love my husband, but because half of my siblings and my nieces and nephews were not there. The people I love most in my life is my family, and they weren't there. 


My oldest sister was there and I was so glad that she was able to make it. She is really sweet, incredibly smart, and I love her so much. However she has a disorder that effects the whole family. Because of this, my nieces and nephews were not able to come to my wedding, and all I wanted was for them to be there too. Her husband is abusive, and I have bonded with these kids so much. So much that they are like my own. I love them with all of my heart. I was so happy that my sister was there on my wedding day though. Being in the temple with her was a really good experience. 

 The whole morning I was getting ready for my wedding, I was on the phone with her oldest son. He is 11 and we have a fantastic relationship. We are so close to each other, and it was hard to talk to him that morning. Tears were definitely shed. It made me so happy that he wanted to stay on the phone and talk to me though. No way I was hanging up. Who cares if I have to put my make up on in the car, using a CD as a mirror!



My second oldest sister was studying abroad with my other nephew. His name is Taiger, and he and I also have a very special relationship. His mom and I are very close, and she let's him come visit me from time to time. I love his visits. I helped take care of Taiger while he was younger, and we were able to bond so much. He is my sweet little boy.



My favorite brother (and only brother) was in Washington at school. He is an amazing artist and was studying there. Bryndon and I are really close. We have a good relationship and I love him so much. He is always there for me, and we are very open with each other. He's the best brother out there. I'm serious. It makes me so sad every time I remember my wedding day, knowing that he wasn't there.



My sister BeQin and I are also close. And close in age. I'm lucky she was there. She helped get everything ready the day before too, and I'm so grateful!

My {Now} sister in law was there too. She also did my bouquet and took pictures for me. THANK YOU, APRIL! She wasn't my sister in law at the time, which makes her that much cooler. She also helped save the cake.. oh that cake. 

 Hilarious story. Perhaps for another post.






I know that I married the right guy at the right time, even if the timing won't ever feel like it was right. Someday I hope to know the reason why the ones I love so much were not able to make it. I hope it wasn't because of selfish reasons. Though, I probably would have waited but Mikes dear sweet Grandpa Kramer scheduled his flight and said that he wasn't cancelling it so we better be getting married that week! Haha! (I had changed the date many times before. No announcements were made though, so it was okay.) Silly Grandpa.

Maybe it was for his Grandpa, maybe it was for another reason, maybe there isn't a reason behind it at all. I just don't know. I was so upset that my siblings and nieces and nephews weren't there (we really are so close. Quite possibly closer than any other family)  that while I was happy, a part of me was sad causing for a lot of the day to be a blur. I remember quite a lot. Like helping my mom find a safety pin when her button popped off in the Brides room. And the temple worker coming in while I was sitting alone on the chair in the hall, and saying to me "You're marrying James, right?" And then the look on her face as she quickly walked away when I told her that I was not. I was marrying a Michael. I also remember my Dad dropping my Mom and I off at the front doors and telling me he loved me. I remember walking in and seeing Mike standing next to his Grandpa, both of them smiling at me. And Looking up and seeing the picture of Jesus hanging high up on the wall. I remember my best friend (He deserves a post all for himself) hugging me when I walked out of those doors as a married women. I remember his Mom crying and hugging me in the temple, telling me how happy she was for me. And saying something like, If she loves you half as much as she loves our Ry, you are a lucky guy. You better take good car of her. We love this girl. She's still part of our family.

I was just recently reminded by my really good friends, about my Dads speech that he gave.Something about how happy he was for me and how much he loved me. And thanking everyone for coming out to Breclyns... (my older sister who was in China) wedding. And then going along with the slip up, and saying sorry, she is the one who is supposed to be getting married, but she is in China with her little boy right now. So instead we are here celebrating my little girls wedding... It made everyone laugh.

I do think that a lot of people miss stuff at their weddings. I was lucky to have such great parents who helped me out a lot. I wanted it to be relaxed and fun. We did a lunch at the Old Spaghetti Factory, Had bubbles, fake mustaches, candy, and plate breaking. No, we are not Greek, but we pretended that we were for the afternoon. Half of the people in the restaurant were joining in, while the other half were complaining about the noise (we were really loud) I even got asked if It was a traditional Greek wedding. Uh, you bet Sir. OPA! (Everyone knows that Kramer is a very Greek name..)





I am sorry that some of my siblings could not be there. I am sorry that their kids couldn't be to Aunt Bitsys wedding. But I love them so much, and they were in my thoughts all day. I couldn't ask for a better family to be a part of. I have the best family ever, and am SO grateful for everything they do for me. I can't thank them enough for the help they were before the wedding, and during. I'm truly a lucky girl.
So while I sit here thinking back on my happy day, there is a place in my heart that will always be there for my family members that were not able to make it. I love them so much, but aside from them not being there, I had the best wedding and luncheon ever. My parents are the coolest.


It was a joyous day, and I think we did a good job celebrating it. After all, it only happens once!
Pin It!

1 comment:

Hotflash said...

I'm sorry what should be one of the happiest days of your life was overshadowed by those who were missing.... My dad did not come out for my wedding because it was a temple wedding and he couldn't go (nonmember) so he thought "what's the point?". My mom came out, but she had to sit in the waiting area and that was hard.... but it was one day out of many many many that you will share with all you love. ALL of the ones you love.

You can always wait for a family reunion and have a "mock" wedding. Let all the little munchkins be your wedding party. Fun times. :-) Love you sweet pea!