Friday, February 3, 2012

My journal only knows him as Kramer

I know. Most people were squished together from the time their parents planned their pregnancies. They have those awkward pictures taken together, tree climbing, gum in the hair, sleep overs. Then there's the dating in high school and Prom pictures. The whole long distance love story. Mission, college. Then the reuniting of lovers and the late night dates commence. The engagement ring appears on the finger and the wedding planning starts. BdoubleF's from the good old days make up the wedding line and Voila! You have the perfect love story. Did I nail it or what?
I'm pretty sure that is the love story 99.9% of couples tell their kids, but Mike and Me? Nah, not us.
Today marks our 2 years and 6 months of being in each others lives. I wouldn't trade these 2 1/2 years for anything. As I hollered into the kitchen to Mike, to let him know, I was like WHAT?! It's ONLY been 2 and 1/2 years sense we met?! Most people date for that long before even thinking about getting married, and have been friends at least sense High School! Mike then said sorry to me, as if he were asking a question. Like how one would read this, when seeing it in a story book, "Sorry?"
To which I replied,
Oh... yeah... you should be sorry, you. How dare you play your dapper card and make me fall in love with you so quickly! Uhh... errr! Sheesh! What you should have done was crawled over to my house when you were still in diapers and make our parents force us to sell Lemonade together so that we could grow up to tell our kids about our whole adorable life together. Yes Mike, somehow this is all your fault. How dare you! You have to be in charge of lying to our kids now. Telling them how 5 year old you, laughed at  four years old me when I showed up to swimming lessons, still wearing my Barney underwear under my Beauty and The Beast bathing suite. That's a good possibly made up story, right? Uh hem.

Yeah, we fell in love pretty quickly and got married a year later. But I would never change it for a good high school sweet heart love story. Ours is unique, maybe a little ridiculous, maybe a little more ridiculous than a little ridiculous, but it's ours. So sorry future kids. I fell in love with your old Pops here when I first saw him saving that crippled mouse from getting hit by the flaming garbage truck... or was it when I read his desperate romantic letter to me... or I mean, when we both reached down and picked up the same book, at the library, that rainy afternoon, downtown, when our hands touched.... wait, was it when he tripped over me at the train station and sent my things flaying out of my arms? Yes, maybe that's when I fell in love with him. Well whenever it was, wherever it was, we fell in love. Sorry it's not romantical, and gushy, with a night on a white horse... wait, we can put a white horse in that story if you want, why not? It's our story, we can do what we want with it. Right?
We have managed to have so much fun in only 2 1/2 years, I can't wait to spend many more years with this guy!
Two and a half years. Not long at all. But when it seems like we have known each other our whole lives, then I guess it doesn't really matter.
>>>
*picture from when we were dating

>>>
Pin It!

No comments: