Thursday, February 9, 2012

outofshapebimbo



I spent 2 hours at the gym last night with Mike, and I loved it!! I LOVE running, but with my bad back, knees, hips, asthma, Fibromyalgia (awful excuses) I don't. So I had to go right over to the treadmills. My sister called me right as I was stepping onto it, and together we figured out how to start it up so I could actually move my feet. This gym was huge. Rows of Treadmills, bikes, those stepping things... ______(fill in this space with more work out machine names.)
I didn't think about it, and I stepped onto the one that had a T.V. attached to the front... I didn't exactly need it.  I didn't know how to control it, and I was talking to my sister anyway. Yes, while I was on the treadmill. I was either giving all the fit people around me a really good laugh, or just annoying the heck out of them and making them want to punch me in the face. I was trying really hard not to make eye contact. I had just figured out how to start the dang thing, and I didn't want to turn it off so the girl who was eyeballing me could use it and enjoy a T.V. If I did that I would have to go find a different available one, and then try to get it to start! I felt badly, but nope, I was staying there. My feet were moving and I was doing this. Go find a different one Ponytail! I'm pretty sure I heard everyone yelling at me to get off the phone and hang up already... maybe they didn't really say that but I know they were thinking it. They had their iopds though, so we're cool. Right?
I hung up with my sister and was feeling pretty good about myself! Speed it up a little! a little more! Enter my weight? sure! ..Oh that's how steep my fake hill I am running up is? No thanks, let's bring that back down. Okay, feeling good.... Nope, feeling pretty winded. That number is going to need to go back down now. Their we go, I can speed walk. (this is what I was thinking)
Wait, the lady in front of me is like 80... is she even allowed here? Way to go grandma!! Is what I wanted to say... but instead I was squinting my eyes trying to see how fast she was going. Yeah, I was the one who needed the support, not her!
I did it though. 34 minutes on the treadmill. I felt good. Seriously!
Today? Not even feeling it. Felt pretty awesome! Until I read a blog post written by a pregnant girl. It had a picture of the time on a treadmill and she had written how pathetic it was. She put, "I'm pregnant though, I've got a good excuse..."
 It read 48 minutes.
I'm not pregnant. I have no excuse.
She was probably the the girl in the hot pink sports bra giving me the stink eye. I hope your baby comes out jogging.

As I was looking on Google images for girls on the phone at the gym (there aren't any btw. Apparently people don't do that. Imagine that.) it said, "Bimbos are usually people you see at the gym talking on their cell phone for an hour.." I'm pretty sure the next time I go, there will be a picture of me talking on the phone, taken from the surveillance cameras. It will be hanging on the door with NOT ALLOWED printed under it. I'm surprised they haven't sent the workout police to my house to take my membership card away. Maybe they're wanting me to go back so that they can all watch me and laugh.
I'm pretty sure that's what I'd do!

Really truly, I think it's awesome. I would love to be able to run for an hour straight. Maybe I'll be able to one day or maybe I won't. We'll see if I'm allowed back at the gym first.
Pin It!