Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Popsicle stick puzzles!

Today the littles and I made our own puzzles. Very similar to this one.
I brought my big orange "Marry Poppins" bag, with Mod Podge, fat colorful Popsicle sticks, an old Pinocchio book, and scissors. We went to town making our very one puzzles, and even made some with out the Popsicle sticks, by smearing the Mod Podge all over the picture, and then cutting it out in puzzle shapes after it dried. Mr. Little loved it. He thought he was so cool "painting" the glue on, and decided he wants to be a painter when he grows up.

Next time I think I'll do this. They love the temple, and it would be a fun puzzle to put together at church.

*Make sure to let the paper dry completely, even when the Little Pickles aren't being patient. If you don't wait, the glue that has seeped between the sticks won't be dry quite yet, and will tare the paper.
Pin It!

4 comments:

Small Stones said...

Aw this ROCKS! You are SO COOL! You are the BEST nanny in all the world, and you always have fun, CUTE things for them to do. LOVE it! Can't wait to make one with Taiger ;). Love you!

The Lamoreauxs said...

Cute! I pinned this! I'm excited for when Adelyn is old enough to do fun crafts with her cute auntie!

Bryttan said...

Thanks Brec, I try. You SHOULD do this with Taig, he'd probably have fun putting it together in sacrament meeting.

Bryttan said...

I love you, Karin :) I'm so glad you think of Adelyn doing things with me, I think about it all the time! LOL. I love all my nieces and nephews! It's so fun watching them grow. One of my nephews will be 12 this year, and I don't know how it happened! It'll be fun to watch Adelyn grow up. I hope we are always close to each other.