Thursday, February 23, 2012

Pizza and Pinterest

*NOTE: make sure to take note of the "pin it" button on the bottom right of my posts.

>>>

Last night I was at a cooking class with my sweet in-laws. We learned how to make a pizza from scratch, and it was delightful.
 As you all know, I'm not exactly the best cook. I leave that to Chef a la Kramer.
 My husband rocks an apron.

I seem to always boil over. I never had this problem until recently, and last night, I tried to warn Angela and Karin about this problem, but I didn't want to get into detail in the middle of class.
They put me in charge of the Alfredo sauce (big mistake) and, like always, I was easily distracted, resulting in the Alfredo sauce making it's escape. Thank heavens for my sister in law. She screamed and ran over to save it. Evil Alfredo sauce. I tried to warn them!
Don't you love it, when the person taking your picture fails to tell you that you don't need to lean in? I know I do! 

During our pizza making, we got on the topic of the oh so well known, Pinterest. 
I use Pinterest occasionally, but not very often. This surprised the both of them, and now I must say, they have talked me into creating an account.
So, if you feel so inclined, follow me... pin me? whatever it is that you do there. Forgive me. I'm not yet a Pinterest connoisseur.

My Grandma was the town Kindergarten teacher (the only one they had back in the day) and she always new made up, the funnest crafts, songs, and treats and my Mom ran a preschool, charter school, and daycare out of our home while I was growing up, so lucky me, a lot of that creative magic rubbed off.
My mom always has crafts she is doing. Painting, sewing, stamping, hot gluing, writing a fun song, making pillowcases, sewing dresses, decorating shoes with fabric, etc. We always have the sewing machine out, and the hot glue gun ready for use.
So, when I found out about Pinterest, it was kind of exciting! A place to share all of the fun crafts you do with others!

I have 4 nephews and 4 nieces, and am a nanny to 3 littles. Needless to say, we are constantly crafting. Christmas my mom made all of the gifts. It was incredible. Months of work, fabric galore, many glue gun burns, and glitter all over the house.

Michael is always impressed at how many rhymes, and songs I know. I have at least 3 for every  month of the year. It makes life a lot funner.

What you make doesn't have to be fancy. As long as you have fun while making your craft, and the result brings a smile to someones face, then it's perfect.

So I've decided that very week I'll post at least one project I did that week or have done in the past. Maybe it will inspire you to make something.
If I am able, I give credit to the happy crafters who inspired me. I would appreciate it if you did the same. If my crafts inspire you to make your own something, let me know! I would love to see :)
Happy crafting! Now I am going to go eat pizza and play on Pinterest.
After I work, of course.

These are baby booties that I made for my newest niece. I figured out a really easy way to make them. I will be making more soon. So watch for the tutorial!

*Also, the tile in the back was made my my sister in law. She used Tile and rub on decals. We love it.
Pin It!

4 comments:

The Lamoreauxs said...

Love the post! And you did not let the Alfredo sauce escape...everything turned out so good!

Bryttan said...

I know, because you saved it haha. That class was so much fun though.

***megan*** said...

i love love, love and adore those booties!

Bryttan said...

THanks, Megan!! I love, love, love and adore you! Wha' wha' say wha!