Thursday, May 17, 2012

Lemonade Date




If I were to invite you over for a glass of Lemonade, we would sit in my back yard next to the purple flowers and I would tell about my day.

I would tell you how wonderful my husband is, and how I love and appreciate him so much.
I'd tell you about how we spent most of the day watching fish in the Doctors office together,
and making jokes with surgeons.

I would let you know that we ate Subs at Fire House,
and that I recommend the Honey Ham because it is my favorite.

I would tell you that we arrived somewhere early and sat in the car while we waited for the minutes to tick by.

How Mike surprised me and took me to the craft store, and then patiently waited in line, even though he was in a hurry.

And how I laid in his arms while the warm spring air blew through the window of our bedroom.

I would tell you that we visited with old friends this evening,
and ended the day with Chocolate Chip Pancakes, Cheesy Fries, and a Banana Split.

I would apologize for the way my face looks at the moment, and then ask you if you have any advice. As it is sore and unflattering.

I would inform you with a smile, that I received great news from the Dr. about my jaw surgery,
And then tell you how much I love my man.
His eyes...
His humor...
Lying in his arms...

And then I would listen as you tell me about your day, while I pour us another glass of Lemonade.

It would be a wonderful conversation, don't you agree?


Pin It!

3 comments:

Toni Marie said...

I do agree :)
When are we doing this for real?!

Angela Kramer said...

Good news about your surgery? Do tell.

Angela Kramer said...

Good news about your surgery? Do tell.