Monday, January 9, 2012

Meet Adelyn

Adelyn is my gorgeous sister in-laws first baby.
She is a beautiful baby girl who has just recently figured out how to smile, and lucky Aunt Bryttan got a big smile the other night at Christmas dinner.
Everyone adores her and we are all so lucky to have her in our lives.
*Mike at the hospital with Adelyn, only a few days after She arrived.


Yesterday we attended Adelyns baby blessing.
It was beautiful.


Karin's Mother in-law made her the most beautiful blessing gown. Karin then told me the night before, that she would love it if I made Adelyn a headband to wear.
I couldn't have been happier. I got home and gathered up all the white material I could find and began sewing/gluing.
More gluing than sewing went on. Let's be honest here.

I felt pretty silly having Karin pair my simple hair clip, with something so surreal!
 Just a good example of how awesome my in-laws are. I'm really lucky to be part of such a sweet family.

Mike and I are so happy to have another niece, too. We are so excited to be part of her life and watch her grow.
Congratulations again, Karin and Brett.
We love you guys!


*I made three different flowers so that she could choose which one she liked the best. I didn't know what shade of white the dress was, or what it looked like. She chose the flower with the pearl, as it matched the dress perfectly.
Karin designed the dress, and it was beautiful. It was an off white dress with accents of lace and pearls, giving it an elegant vintage feel. Perfect for Adelyn.

I had bought a picture to give to her and placed it in a new white frame. I tied it up in 2 paper doilies, wrapped it up with white ribbon, and hooked a handmade bracelet onto it. Courtesy of a friend.
Pin It!

6 comments:

dollatstorediva said...

Wow, Bryttan, I didn't realize what a crafty person you were. I am very impressed. What a blessing you are to the Kramer family. We love and miss you greatly. You (and Mike, of course) are always welcome here if you ever come to the East coast. I hope you know that.

dollatstorediva said...

FYI, this is Kristi.

The Lamoreauxs said...

Bryttan, thank you so much for writing such a nice post about Adelyn's blessing! And thank you for making the headband last minute, that flower matched perfectly with the dress and the other ones look super cute with her outfits too! You are too sweet. Brett & I love you guys, and Adelyn LOVES her Aunt Bryttan (and Uncle Mike).

Hotflash said...

I didn't realize you made the flower/headband! Adelyn was definitely a decked out princess in her gorgeous gown and hair band.

What a wonderful spiritual day and I loved being able to share it with everybody!

Bryttan said...

Ooooh, Kristi, don't say such things unless you're sure you mean it! I may just take you up on that offer one day when we have the time/money, LOL. I'd love to go and visit you guys! I'm not that crafty, I have good intentions but that's about all. Did you SEE that blessing dress?? That's crafty talent right there. Thank you for the sweet words though, and for reading our blog! What a fun surprise :) We miss you guys too! It was so fun to meet you and your family in person, I would love to see you all again soon! Love you, Krisi!

Bryttan said...

Karin you are so sweet. Adelyn is too cute not to write about her :) We love her so much!! Oh, and I guess we love you guys too... lol
Thanks for letting me make her a hair clip, and putting it on her for her special day, it meant a lot to me. Love you.