Wednesday, August 3, 2011

"I'm not zoned for dogs"

Sometimes during the day, I feel like Miss Hannigan.

I like dogs. Am I a "dog person?" not so much.
Do I enjoy them? yes.
Do I love puppies? Oh yeah! if they're cute! Who doesn't love a cute little puppy??
Nazis. That's who.
Do I love our new little puppy? Of course! But is She still just an animal? yes. Do I get totally disgusted and freak out sometimes at little things, like her being IN the house? OH YES!
Does Mikey laugh at me and say "you were almost like a normal person for a few minutes there!" Yes He does.
Because even though I love animals, especially my dog in Idaho and our new pup, they are still ANIMALS. They don't know to cover their mouth when they sneeze. They don't know to chew with their mouths closed. They don't know to wipe there feet when they come into the house, or to wipe their own hineys when they're done going to the bathroom, which by the way, they don't "go to the bathroom" they use the great outdoors!
Did I make it only half way on my walk and have to turn around because I knew that She had to go to the bathroom and I refuse to pick up my pets poop with a plastic bag and carry it around with me? YES.
So no, no one has ever died from "puppy kisses" but I am allowed to have my "weird freak outs" throughout the day. She's cute, She's adorable, She loves Mikey, She's good, She has awesome Green eyes, but she is still a dog.
But I do love our Mooser
Even if I get grossed out sometimes.


Funny story.
This is Mike's and My conversation on his way out the door this morning;
Mikey: "Will you try not to kill Moose while I'm gone?"
Me: "Haha, I'll try"
Mikey: (very serous) "No really, don't get mad and kill Her, k?"
Me:"I'll try not to!"

Pin It!

No comments: