Tuesday, March 1, 2011

a wonderful life


I was recently chatting with a close friend.

This friend and I go back many years together.

I am very lucky to have such a close friend with a one of a kind friendship.

We are always going to one another for advice.

Tonight He needed advice from me, and by asking for my help, he ended up helping me out!

It is always nice when that happens.

In our conversation this scripture came up.
D&C 5:24 "Behold, I say unto him, he exalts himself and does not humble himself sufficiently before me; but if he will bow down before me, and humble himself in mighty prayer and faith, in the sincerity of his heart, then will I grant unto him a view of the things which he desires to see." He told me that while in the temple, this scripture came to him and he was not sure why. He is trying to be less prideful.
PRIDEFUL
I don't like the word.
When I read this scripture, I immediately thought of what I wanted to tell him to help him out. Very quickly this scripture that was "his" soon became "mine." I read it again and I got my own answer out of it.
Our conversation continued, and He told me that while in the temple it came to his attention that for the longest time, he has had a book mark in Doctrine and Covenants 5 for quite some time now. He did not know why, but when he started reading from its book marked place, he found this scripture and it was clear to him. It is so amazing to me how God answers our prayers, little ways people would not readily notice. We must have clear minds, and open hearts.
I am thankful for
Temples. Trust. The Gospel. Close friends. My wonderful husband. & love.

This video is corny, but was fitting. I sent it his way and he was grateful. It is all to true. In every day life, in many different situations. Whether it's a secret crush, or a phone call to a sister, it seems like more often than not, this happens to us.
Tell someone how you feel. Express yourself.
THIS video is not from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I do not have anything to do with the website at the end of the video, or the video at all. Except that I watched it, and I enjoy it. I think it has a good message. So whoever you are David Steindle-Rast... thanks. If you want to learn more about MY religion, visit http://lds.org/?lang=eng
Pin It!

No comments: