Thursday, April 5, 2012

been a while?

I dropped of the edge of the interworld for a while there, but hello! Now I am back.
This week has been pretty eventful.
I was caught up in the life of Katniss Everdeen and District 12.. Was anyone else disappointed with the movie?
It was good, but they didn't show enough. Left out pretty big events. Movies are never as good as the books though, so it was expected.

My breast friends little boy, (well he is turning 9 but I still think of him as little) Was life flighted to PCMC :( His Asthma got so bad he couldn't breath and was in the ICU for about 5 days. Lucky for me, I live close and could go visit him. Then She and I drove to her house (in Grantsville) to clean, reassemble the chickens coup, and pack more clothes. We had a really fun time though, as we always do when we're together!

We watched Conference together, and like always, it was beautiful.

Mike and I made up Easter baskets and brought them over to the dumplings I watch. They loved them!

Mike has been staying up until about 6 in the morning, trying to get something huge done for work. But even with his late hours, he is still so sweet! Am I lucky or what!

The very old wires in our very old attic caught on fire and burned across the ceiling and down the wall to an outlet, but stopped there when the fuse blew. THANK HEAVENS!
I woke up to Mike booking is up the stairs (to find out what had caught fire) I smelled something gross, and it took me a while to fully wake up and realize that all of the power was out in the house, Mike was running around upstairs in the wee hours of the night, and I was sitting in bed smelling something like burning plastic. BURNING PLASTIC! I thought I must have left the curling iron on for sure. It wasn't the curling iron... it was only our attic on fire. I don't know which is worse, neither one is something you want. Luckily the fuse had blown and stopped it from heating up so much that the house went up in flames.

We slept very cold that night, and when the electrician came, he was so surprised at the black mess in our attic. He told us to say our praises that we hadn't died. He said the house should have caught fire for sure and that we were really, really lucky.

We found out that the rest of the house is wired completely wrong, and is super dangerous.

We found out that the whole house is going to have to be fixed and so now we are looking for a new home for us to live in.

We have electricity in the kitchen, but that is the only place, and only some of the outlets work... so our fridge is sitting in the middle of the kitchen. Oh, and we get to take a flashlight into the bathroom at night! Just like we're camping.. We have our mattress in the living room so the space heater can plug in to the kitchen and still reach our toes to stay warm, that's been kind of fun! Its like we're having a slumber party!
I'm so lucky to be making all these fun memories with such a great guy.

It looks like Monday they will start cutting the holes in the walls, and fixing the house up. The landlord will be coming that day to talk about how soon we can move...

I can't decide if we have really good luck because the house didn't catch on fire, or if we have bad luck because it almost did... I'm going to go with the first.

Hope you guys are all having a fun and eventful week as well!
>>>
Pin It!

4 comments:

Hotflash said...

I will not sleep soundly until ya'll are OUT OF THE FIRE TRAP!

I would absolutely die if anything happened to you two.

Toni Marie said...

I fee as though this landord should have let you move out sooner, you two seem to have had tons of problems with this place!
On the other hand - great stories to tell your kids someday! I can't remember which one at the moment but one of the current Apostles had pipes running through the place he and his wife lived in when they were first married :p

***megan*** said...

you are definitely blessed and lucky that the fire stopped! you must have had angels watching over you.

Bryttan said...

Haha, you are all very sweet. I hope we get to move soon! I must say, now if either one of us thinks we smell something strange, we top what we're doing and double check that the house isn't on fire, lol! Better safe than sorry, right?