Saturday, April 21, 2012

So many skirts!


I've been on a skirt frenzy this last week, and it's been so fun!
(Thank you JoAnns, for your awesome fabric sales!)I was able to make me a very quick skirt with my first ever zipper! I didn't have a pattern or tutorial, and it really isn't the best, but I wore it to church last week, and loved it! As long as you ignore the flaws, it's great! I was proud of it.


This skirt I made yesterday. It started out as this dress, and within a few hours, turned into a shorter dress, and eventually made its way to this one.
 I. LOVE. IT!
No tutorial. It's my own design!
MY VERY OWN!
Thus making it, my very favorite.
The waist wrap is removable, and attached with two buttons on the side. Making it fun and versatile.

 I will be making many more like this, and with many waistbands, so that I can mix and match them! 


I'm going to be making my nieces some by combining the removable waist wrap from this dress, and pairing it with this "hopscotch skirt" I made for my little sister in law for her birthday!
*Inspiration from the simple old bubble skirts
*Cutting inspiration from: The Circle Skirt .A.K.A. the Retro Felt Poodle Skirt.

I'll be making theirs very versatile, so that the waist wraps can be changed  depending on shirt colors, and holidays. and not only that! But they will be reversible too, AND I'm going to be making them with suspenders. Tell me that won't just be the cutest outfit in the world!!

I'm really excited. Especially because they are all my own designs! I'm really proud of myself guys! LOL

And what's a sewing session without your husband being a goofball and making you laugh?
<><><>
Pin It!

3 comments:

The Dooley Family said...

Such talent you have! Very cute. Love the fabric.

Bryttan said...

Awe, thanks Shannon!

The Lamoreauxs said...

So cute, you are so talented!