Monday, April 23, 2012

wedding day memories

Mike and I got married on Saturday, October 16, in the Mt. Timpanogos Temple. We then celebrated with lunch at The Old Spaghetti Factory that same day.
Every day that passes, I remember little bits of the day that I didn't even know I had forgotten!
One memory I won't ever misplace, is my most favorite part of the day.

In the Temple you go into a special room to be sealed together forever. In this particular temple, you had to pass through a hall to reach the door. I remember rounding the corner to the hall, and seeing the man I was about to marry. His back was facing me, and as I go closer, the temple worker he was talking to gestured to me and Mike turned around. The way his eyes looked into mine, gave me butterflies, like when he held my hand for the first time. I'm sure I was smiling, he was. I felt so happy and so in love with this man.
The temple worker made some kind of joke before we went in, that made Mike smile, but I was too preoccupied looking at this wonderful man, wondering how I got so lucky.

I teared up when I walked into the room and saw my parents, and all the people that I are so important to me, looking at me. They were all there for me, and for Michael.

When we exchanged rings and I kissed my husband for the first time, it seemed like nothing else was important.  The rest of  the day could be horrible, and it wouldn't matter.
Luckily it wasn't. It was beautiful and perfect.

I am so lucky to be married to my best friend. I love him forever.
<><><>
Pin It!

No comments: