Saturday, April 21, 2012

One of those mornings

Around 4:30 this morning, I woke up to see Mike off for the SLC Bike Tour.
And let me just say, my guy can pull off those ridiculous biking shorts I so like to make fun of! Woof!
I admire him so much. He is a go doer. He didn't care if he wasn't 100% sure about anything, or had all the right stuff, he still woke up bright and early today, and headed off for the unknown. I love him!
So while he was off peddling the morning away, I was doing this.

After I saw him off, I got onto facebook and saw that a friend had written me back telling me that the KONY 2012 was still happening in SLC! I didn't get the message in time, and I missed it. The crappy part is, it was going on only about a block away from my house. I got the message 3 hours after he sent it. 3 hours too late.

Then, right as I was dozing off this morning, (can you say lazy? Husband out biking, me in bed.) I hear the dog... barfing... on Mikes clothes! AWW HELLS NO!
As I was cleaning it up (which I swore I would never do!) She decided to go to the bathroom in the hall.
All, I am sure, because she chose to be a snot and eat my bowl of Reeses Puffs cereal yesterday! I was soooooooo mad. Luckily it was a paper bowl so I didn't have to throw away one of our glass ones.

So sometime while that was happening,  I received a text from Mike saying that he would be riding though Sugar House park, and I could go cheer him on! Hooray! right? wrong. I missed him. I didn't get the text in time.

So for some reason, I had to go to Sugar House park, just to make sure he really wasn't there. I knew he wouldn't be, but some little bit of hope that he would still be there, was inside my head. As I was putting my shoes on, my phone fell and shattered. Yup, even more than before.

That was it. I ran and ran and ran. I ran all the way to the park, only to find out that what I was hoping wasn't, was. Only the runners were there now, making their way to their finish line.

I stopped to catch my breath, and then proceeded on through the stop light. The policeman looked at me with an evil eye, and I gave him a look that said "give me a ticket for J walking. I dare ya!" He raised his eyebrows at me, and I kept running. On my run I saw the Kony 2012 posters plastered all over, and that's when I realized it was just going to be one of those days.

Sometime during my run, Mike texted me and said that he was done, and on his way home! I felt like the worst wife everever!

He told me that it was okay that I didn't get there in time to cheer for him as he went by, because there were a lot of other people there cheering.
This made me feel 100% worse.
I was so sad though. I really wanted to see him ride!!!!

I felt awful, but then I decided I wasn't because I cleaned up his dogs grossness, instead of leaving it for him to deal with. Which is what I considered doing.

Let's hope my streak of misfortune is over for today. Cause I'm done.

Mike did get a medal though, and I went out to breakfast with Him, and his brother, and some other people from the race.
I'm really incredibly proud of him. He is one awesome husband.


 Incredibly awesome!


<>
AND if you want to participate in bringing Kony down, you can! November 3rd. I'll be there! And I'll be doing everything I can to make sure no one forgets his name until then.
Kony poster ---> <--- runners

Pin It!

1 comment:

***megan*** said...

you get lots of "wife points" for cleaning up the yucky dog mess! sounds like a bummer of a day.