Wednesday, September 14, 2011

It's harvesting time!

First let me just say thank you to everyone who reads my blog and for your kind words about my parents. They really are super amazing, and they know most of you and would be so happy to hear that you care for them and love them.
Please remember them in your prayers.
*

Now, for pictures from the Cellar dance!

Now, what in tarnations is a cellar dance?
Well, here in the town I grew up in, we have a lot of Spud cellars. If you don't know what a spud cellar is, I'm going to have to take that into consideration and think about why we are friends...
*

Me and two of my beautiful sisters

During the Harvesting season, the farmers...no, everyone who lives around here, harvests the potatos. My favorite part is gleaning the fields. The wet potato dirt smells so good.
*
So before they fill the dirt spud cellars with the Spuds, the town gets together in Bishop Searle's Cellar to make/drink home made rootbeer, and make/eat home made fries. Made from His delicious spuds.
*
There is dancing and games and a lot of hay to visit atop.
*
*
My mom and Sister
*
Me and my Daddy
*
Me and my foster sister ....don't be fooled by the cute smile.
*
*
The men had to prove that they were manly and that obviously means a potato sack race!
*
*
And another, of one of my beautiful sisters
*
This weekend is Spud Day, and the kids can't wait!

Be back with more pictures!
**********



Pin It!

4 comments:

Shannon Dooley said...

Great pictures!

Michael said...

Just wonderful darling. I love it! Wish I could have been there.

***megan*** said...

this is almost enough to make me want to move to idaho. almost.

MommyBrec said...

Bryttan, thanks for posting this! GREAT pictures!!!!!! You are such a great photographer! Love you!