Sunday, June 3, 2012

summer ventures


Summer seems to slip by too quickly for my liking. I definitely have a sweet tooth for summer. I want to embrace all of it. Maybe it is because I was born in June, and my parents were always so good at making every summer perfect, with baseball games, sprinkler parties, watermelon and popsicles every day, raspberries and milk for breakfast, lawnmower rides with dad, painting projects and gardening with mom, road trips to exciting places, picnics under pine trees, being able to go everywhere barefoot, playing in the field, and sleeping outside every night.
I was visiting with some ladies last Sunday, and as we were talking in the backyard, in her lovely garden, next to her chickens, we decided that we didn't want to get up from that beautiful setting we were a part of. We were sitting under an apple tree with white blossoms. The sun would peek through the branches when the breeze blew, and the air was warm and it smelled of wet dirt . We closed our eyes for a few seconds, to take in the beauty, and welcome Summer.
 I'm currently working on my long Summer to do list, but here are some things that have made the cut thus far. Simple and low key, just as all things Summer fun should be.

><<>><

I love that Mike loves camping. It's at the top of the list this summer :)  

><<>><

Plus a few days out on the lake.

><<>><

Last minute road trips are the best. Crank up the music, bring the camera and sleeping bags, drive until you find what you are looking for, and then fall asleep under the stars.


><<>><
Carnival swings are my favorite. We will definitely be riding them this summer.

><<>><

Dance all night. Outside, or inside, alone, or with friends, country or swing. It does't matter. Just do it. Together.

><<>><

Summer nights at the Drive In Movies. I have a confession, I have only ever been to the drive in once in my life, and it was a blast. I'm not going to let it slip by me this summer.
><<>><

Mikey got a new bike, and as soon as I pull my old one out of my parents garage, we will be doing a lot of bike riding.

><<>><
And of course, baseball games.
I always knew I would marry a baseball player, so when I didn't it came as a surprise to me, AND my whole family. Because of this, Mike must take me to at least one baseball game every summer for the rest of his life. I love me those uniforms, and those stadium hot dogs are just too dang delicious.
Pin It!

1 comment:

The Lamoreauxs said...

Sounds like a fun list!