Friday, June 29, 2012

How cool? SO COOL!

So I'm feeling pretty impressed with myself right now!
 I let my creative juices run wild, and created some pretty neat tricks! So, I want to share them with you!

I wanted new bright nail polish, but I really didn't want to go buy any, as I am saving my pennies for a pair of super cute shorts I laid my eyes on yesterday.

So what did I do? I invented my own!

Mod Podge Nail Polish

What you'll need:
<>
Mod Podge
Water
Food coloring
(Mine was neon pink)Paint brush
Clear nail polish

How to:
<>
Pour just a little bit bit of your Mod Podge into something (I just used the lid) and mix with just a dab of water.

Stir in food coloring of your choice. So many options out there, even glitter!
Lightly paint onto nails. Let dry (doesn't take long) and apply one more coat.
Remember to keep it thin. You don't want it to get goopy.

Then if desired, apply a clear coat of nail polish over top. This will keep it fro scraping off easily.

Easy peasy! Rice and cheesy!

I also did Glitter Gel Toes last week.
Those are pretty fun if you're into glitter stuff. (I'm not so much a fan of the Glitter. But it was fun to try for a few days.)
<>
For that you will need:
Mod Podge
Glitter
Paint Brush
Paper

How to apply:
<>
Place your paper under your toes.
(this will help to keep the Mod Podge off of the carpet and catch the left over Glitter)
Using a paint brush, paint the Mod Podge onto your toes.

Apply Glitter by shaking over your toes, like pepper on a potato!
(You can't have too much Glitter when doing Glitter Gel Toes)

Let dry
(this could take a while, You can entertain yourself  over here while you wait)

After you feel like your Glitter Gel is dry enough, apply another coat of Mod Podge over top of the Glitter. Let dry again. This time making sure they are rock hard.

Another trick I made up today.
 The Poor Girls Lipstick!
<>
Dab some food coloring on a Q-tip, and rub onto your lips! It looks hot, and is super easy!
I don't know why it took me this long to think of this, I used to rub Red popsicles on my lips when I was little, and it's basically the same concept! Only Food coloring dyes your skin for a good long time. So applying it directly to your lips, works great!

So there you go! My creations for the day.
Enjoy!

><<>><<>><


Pin It!

2 comments:

The Lamoreauxs said...

You are so creative! Love it!

***megan*** said...

I LOVE THESE TIPS! Thanks for sharing :)