Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Hearing what God is asking

I was finishing up another little summer dress tonight, when I decided to go look up a helpful hint for my next project.
Our bedroom is currently in the basement, which just so happens to be where Mikes office is. I was on the computer, when Mike came out to lay down and take a quick break from work. We started talking about swimming and our plans for tomorrow, (we are going swimming with Karin and Adelyn) when I remembered that I didn't have a well fitted suit, or any bottoms. I know, right?

This lead me to looking up swimming suit patterns/tutorials online. I decided it would cost more to make my own than to just go buy a new one (I know it's not nearly as fun) 


I was looking them up when I came across one titled "The Poppy" How cute is that? I love poppies! This made me think of Orange Poppies, which made me think of how cute that name would be for a blog/shop! I decided to look it up and see if it was taken as a blog, when go figure, it was. And it was taken by a cute couple working at an orphanage in Guatemala! I started reading their posts and am in love with this couple.

I keep finding myself coming across websites, blogs, and meeting people, when I am not even searching. This is how I know that it is by no coincidence that this is happening. Heavenly Father is answering prayers.

I read these blogs, and talk to people who are serving, and I'm overcome with this feeling that is unlike any other. I get excited for Michael and I to leave and be examples of Him. To be likened to Jesus, our brother. To learn, and grow. To love His children who have no families. To teach them of the love of Jesus, and His love for them. To help protect them in any way we can, from emotional, spiritual, and physical abuse. To love them unconditionally. To bring a smile to their face, and see their eyes that are filled with so many stories, light up. To help single mothers, kiss the elderly, help new mothers take care of their infants, feed the hungry, make new friends, and touch each hearts.



I obviously stopped my search for a suit, and started reading about this young couple, and their lives living at an orphanage, taking care of 21 of God's precious children.

I sometimes forget about what is truly important. Obviously it is perfectly okay to buy new clothes, rent a movie, and go out to dinner with my sweet husband. I am pretty positive Heavenly Father does not expect us all to stop living. But it is always good to be reminded, and to appreciate the things we often take for granted.

Sometimes I feel like it will never happen, that it is only a silly dream. But I keep praying, and Heavenly Father keeps reminding me that it will happen. Because it is not only what I want, it is what He wants too.
Pin It!

2 comments:

MommyBrec said...

I LOVE this post! :) You will do all God has planned for you, sister. Love you!

Hotflash said...

You have one of the kindest, most loving hearts of anyone I have ever known. I know you have a great mission to perform here. I will help you two all I can. Love you lots!!