Wednesday, December 14, 2011

We've got exciting news

Well, exciting to us.

If I had it my way, I would travel all the time. All over. Just me and Mike.
When we were dating, we dreamed up our future an it was always the same, both of us traveling the world together, and becoming a Mamma and Daddy.
At the time, Mike worked from home for a company and it was ideal! Mike always told me "I can work from anywhere!" reassuring me that all was honky dory :)
 One night, Mike took me out star gazing. We were laying in the field, looking up into the dark sky, and we decided that when we were married, we were going to see the sky from all different places in the world.
His ideal proposal was to take me to Europe, backpack on back kneeling down on worn knee to pop the question. He told me while we were dating that that was how he would ask me. It wasn't exactly like that, but it was still wonderful. Obviously not bad, I said, Yes.
But, Mike has a different job now, for which we are very grateful.  We have bills to pay...that we are not so grateful for, haha. And a beautiful home we are lucky to be living in.
 So of course, are dreams have been put on hold. Much to our dismay.

Mike does a very good job at making sure we don't lose sight of our dreams though. As you know, for our anniversary, he told me he tried to take me to Europe, or to the orphanage in Belize, but for the reasons listed above,  the best he was able to do was Canada. And I personally think it was perfect :) We volunteered with Habitat for Humanity, made friends/fun memories, and saw a very gorgeous country.
His family even helped by taking us on a really fun trip last March!
I've also seen him become all cutesy wootsy when passing by the little pickle clothes in the department store.
I too do my best at making sure we don't lose site of our dreams. So great of a job in fact, that I'm sure half of the time Mike is completely annoyed with me.
Worth it though!
So because we cannot travel together and take fun pictures in front of awesome stuff, help feed cute kids in Africa, jump off of rocks near the Koudonsisia Ilands, go Volcano Boarding down Cerro Negro, volunteer a the home in Belize or study abroad....
We are going to help a sweet little someone by sponsoring them for at least a year, and maybe even longer!
I can't wait to share more info with you :)
I am overly excited right now. Have counted all of our pennies (literally) and am so excited to know that all year, this little someone will be happy. Have food, will be attending school, and have something to look forward to. This holiday season will be a good one for us. Knowing that you are doing what you can to help a little love as best as you can, makes you happy.
Please pray along with us for all the beautiful people all over this world. Wherever they are, facing whatever problems they may have.
God loves us all.
Let others see Him through you.

Merry Christmas everyone!
Come back soon for another little love post :)


thank you, michael.

Pin It!

No comments: