Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Trek



Most of you know I left for Trek on my 15th birthday. We had just moved to Farmington 2 weeks before and had heard mention of Trek in church. I was hesitant, but really wanted to go, so with the help of my Mom and sister, we pulled everything together and off I went. It was the best time of my life. It strengthened my testimony, opened my mind, and was such a physical challenge. The best experience. I will NEVER forget that week of my life. It was so surreal. If you EVER have the chance to go, take it. You will NEVER be the same. I know each person has a different experience, but mine was fantastic. I made great friends and got to experience something I won't ever experience again in my life. I felt so close to Heavenly Father, and had my eyes opened to what the pioneers went through. Here are some pictures my "sister" from Trek took, and also some I stole from the DVD. I remember having a disposable camera at the time, but I don't know what ever happened to it. Thankfully I stayed in touch with her and she sent a few my way. You really have no idea how strengthening this experience was. It was the hardest and happiest moment. I am so grateful I got to go. My life changed so much because of Trek. If you want to learn more about it you can go here:
--> http://handcart-trek.org/ OR here:
--> http://handcart-trek.org/slideshow.html

Me and the girls in my "family"
Lauri (Ma), M'Recia, Lauren, Nancy, Me!



the whole family. Levi, Jake, Collin, Marshall, Trent, Ty, Andy(Pa), Lauri(Ma), ?, Lauren, Nancy, Me, Trevor, ?, M'Recia.


Watch out, cause my buhraaids are a flyin


who's the kid in the Chucks? ...

Pin It!

2 comments:

Shannon Dooley said...

That looks and sounds so cool!

Bryttan said...

Oh it so was :)
I want to follow your blog again, lady! Check your email!