Monday, November 21, 2011

You've got to S-M-I- L-E to be H-A double P-Y

I let my thoughts get the best of me last week. I got my hopes up only to have them shot down, so today I’m feeling a little grey.
So to not linger on the disappointment that is today, I’m making a small list of some of the things that I am grateful for.

1. Michael.
He has a deadline on a HUGE project for work, but still found time last week to drive me to Orem to see friends, take me to the mall and talk me in to getting my make up professionally done, take me to lunch at California Pizza Kitchen, and tell me how beautiful I am. For working so hard and budgeting out finances so that we are always living comfortably. He is such a hard worker and a wonderful husband. I love him so much and am ever thankful to him and for him.
2. Our Home.
It isn’t free, it may be messy sometimes, it may be old and have broken things, but it keeps us warm and provides shelter. It is a place we have made OUR home. And I am very thankful for it. I am so blessed to have such a wonderful place to call home. We are in a safe neighborhood with nice neighbors in a house we can go into to get warm and out of the snow this winter. I am so bessed.
3. Family and Friends.
This week I will enjoy 3 thanksgivings. I am so lucky to belong to such a wonderful family, to have such wonderful parents and siblings. To enjoy the company of my in laws so much, and to have a best friend. People who love me and worry about me and are always there for me.
4. Food.
I am so thankful for the food in our home. For the healthy body only food could give me. For gardens and the farmer that provide food and for grocery stores and the people who work there to make sure there is always food on the shelves so I will not go hungry.
5. My Father in Heaven
Who has provided me with all of these wonderful blessings and given me such a warm heart to recognize the blessings I have, even when I am feeling upset. He loves me and watches over me, and is always next to me whenever I need him. He has given me the knowledge to understand his teachings and a wonderful church filled with wonderful people.

I am so thankful for the things in my life that I have here, right now.
All things in my life happen for a reason and I know that Heavenly Father gives and takes away according to his plan.
This Thanksgiving I will not only think about what I am thankful for, but what I can give others to be thankful for as well.



I love this season.
Happy winter!
Also, blogger still isn't functioning correctly, grrrr.
So you have to copy and past this URL to watch.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkLoJvddSj0&feature=related
Pin It!

No comments: