Tuesday, June 21, 2011

A very merry unbirthday, to us!

I decided that today we were going to have a birthday party. It isn't any of our birthdays, but birthdays are so fun! I think that the Mad Hatter has the best Idea. He is right after all, we only get ONE birthday a year. That means we have 364 days to have unbirthdays!

I didn't have time to bake a cake unfortunately, but I was able to get some cookies and yummy frosting to decorate and pretend they were cake! They were flat so you could layer frosting between them and stack them up like a big unbirthday cake!

We had so much fun setting the table, making hats, blowing out candles, decorating and singing every birthday, excuse me, UNBIRTHDAY song we could think of plus some fun ones we made up. We danced and had balloons and then had a pretend water fight upstairs with our squirt guns for our pretend birthdays.

It was such a fun party. The kids really enjoyed finding toys around the house and wrapping them up in make shift paper and giving them to each other! Kids are the best to play pretend with. They have the best imaginations. Although as fun as we had pretending to eat cake, they were upset that we didn't have real cake. Fail on my part. I'll be sure to bake a cake next time.

I have been watching these kids since they were teeny tiny. I love them dearly and am so lucky to know their family and be a part of their life .

Aside from the normal tantrums and clogged toilets and all that other fun stuff you get with kids, I'm pretty sure I have one of the best jobs ever!

Last week Snooter Winker hit my face. When I told Her that it isn't nice to hit, She looked at me very seriously and said, "I didn't hit you, I gave you a high five on your kisser!"
RIGHT?!
How could I not laugh?

And, because it was our birthday, we got to choose how old we were!
Here are the birthday kids (and how old they turned today)!



HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO US!!



No tutorials, but all super easy. I'm sure you can figure it all out. And if you decide to get crafty and have an unbirthday, link up to me, I'd love to see your clever ideas!

Tiny Hats: scrapbook paper cut into a circle , then cut up the middle, and glued into place making a cone shape
Decorate with fun little craft things. We pulled some googly eyes, sequins and flower beads out of the craft bag for ours.
Punch holes in sides and tie yarn through to keep those cute things from falling off.




Glue: Trusty Elmers

*A fun way to teach the kids how to not use too much glue: Turn your Elmers Glue bottle into a bird. Tell them to make sure the beak (orange tip of glue) is pressing against the paper so that the bird can eat it's food. That makes it so the glue cannot all escape into a big sticky puddle.


Banner: Not homemade today. Fail on my part again. I just grabbed one from the Dollar Store. Oh that wonderful place.

Balloons: No surprise people, I got those from there as well.

Cookies: Big Wheels. Worked perfectly.

Frosting: that yummy, all ready, whipped kind!

Then pick up any other fun birthday things you can find. Noise makers, cups, plates, napkins, plastic knifes for frosting, sprinkles, candles... Whatever you want. Just have fun and remember that the kids love playing pretend and are just happy to be celebrating a pretend birthday!

Pin It!

No comments: