Thursday, January 7, 2010

Getting Married.

So, I am getting Married. April 8th, at 10:20ish in the morning...hopefully haha.

I could not be happier :) There is nothing better than knowing your going to be with the one you love for the rest of eternity.

Little Background Story:
I met Bryttan at the beginning of August, our first date was August 5th, we were originally supposed to hang out the Sunday before then, but I was way to nervous so I made up some excuse, but something told me it would be alright, so I finally agreed to hang out with her on Monday. Our first date, I will never forget, we went on a wonderful walk and she told me all about her family, things she did, things she wanted to do, things she always wanted, etc. I remember thinking to myself, that she was so full of life, and so fun, and was amazed there were people this happy in the world.

I played piano for her our first date, which should just show that I liked her a lot, as I never EVER play piano for anyone, but I did for her. We then watched Garden State and after that she went home, thinking that she'd never hear from me again. Her thoughts were that I was too good for her, and my thoughts was she was way way to good for me, but she was ecstatic when I texted her the next day and wanted to hang out again. We hung out the very next day again, went on another walk and just continued to talk.

We had a lot in common, and a lot of differences, and just the right amounts so the dynamic of our relationship is perfect, we are never bored, and we disagree enough to have new experiences.

It took me to our 3rd date before I gave her a hug or held her hand, and that 3rd date, was amazing. It was the day before my birthday, and Bryttan had made me the most beautiful hand made birthday card, something I will never forget, and never get rid of. She also threw me a surprise party..in front of me. As she could not get a hold of my roommate Justin to sneak in and throw me this party. She had asked me to close my eyes, and when I opened them she tossed me some streamers, a couple hundred balloons, and a bag of skittles.

The bag of skittles is important, as on our first date I had told her my favorite skittle was green, and in this bag, she had painfully taken the green skittles out of several bags and put them into this one, so it was a bag of nothing but green skittles. It was wonderful, and at that moment, I knew I loved her.

We didn't become an exclusive couple until our 5th date, and things continued to progress from there. It's amazing how my life could become so great in so little time. I can't imagine going back to a life without her.

Anywho, We continued to date for several months, and we started talking about marriage, and how wonderful it sounded and would be. I finally Proposed to her on Nov. 29th, at 1:30 in the morning. And here my friends, is the Engagement Story:

I went up to Idaho for Thanksgiving with her family, and I had the ring with me (A wonderful Rose Gold Ring), and her entire family thought I was going to Propose on Thanksgiving day, which would have been good, but I wanted it to be a surprise and unexpected and even Bryttan thought it would be on Thanksgiving.

You see, I asked her dad's permission while I was up there, and right after I did, and he had accepted, he went out and grabbed his Daughter and pulled her into a room where he told her that I had asked his permission...so therefore surprise factor was gone.

I kept looking for opportunities to catch her off guard, and everytime I found an opportunity, I either did not have the ring in my pocket, or something got in the way.

Until! One Night, Nov. 28th, at around 6, She was in the front room playing piano, all the kids (like 20 of them) were gone, and it was quiet...and perfect. I snuck into the front room, and there on the ground were childrens blocks...I wanted it to be traditional, corny, and unexpected..so I grabbed the blocks and spelled out "Will U Marry Me" I got on one knee, and my hand was in my pocket reaching for the ring...when! Her nephew (My soon to be Nephew) Taiger came running around the corner, saw the blocks and ruined them.

I started arguing with him, saying Taiger Taiger NO please share your blocks...but he...the little Rascal, Refused. At this point, Bryttan Turned around, and saw me sitting there, with, what she describes as the saddest face she's ever seen me have. She asked what was wrong and I said nothing and left the room.

Later that night, we were resting and I asked her if she wanted to know something sad. I told her the story of Taiger and the Blocks and the Almost Proposal. She said that was one of the saddest things she had heard, and she wanted to kill Taiger. I then made it sound like I put the ring back into my bag, so she wouldn't think I had it. She then started giving me other ideas of how I could propose. One of her ideas was that I take off her CTR Ring and Pretend to propose, but Actually have the real ring. To this I said, "Well I can't do that now, you'd know, I can't just take your CTR Ring" I then Grabbed her CTR Ring "and go Hey Bryttan....Will You...." At this point she got really excited...but I quickly dashed her dreams by saying "Take back your CTR Ring" and she hit me and got mad.

At this point I had weaseled my way onto the floor and to the Foot of the Bed. I then looked at her straight in the eyes and said "Bryttan, Are you aware that I love you?", she said yes. "Are you aware that I really really love you?", she said yes again. "And are you aware that I am on one knee?" To this she said "Yeah, Too bad you don't have the ring" and at that moment I took the box out of my pocket and asked her to marry me. To which she said yes...obviously :)

And that! Is the Engagement Story, now back to the Wedding Story:!

So, after the engagement we started deciding on a date, and we had Decided June 24th, 2010. As she wants an outdoor wedding, however her Sister Breclyn (who is also her Maid of Honor) will be in China on that date, as well as her sister BeQin. So sadly, we had to move the date up to April 8th (Sad only in the fact that she can't have an outdoor wedding, not the fact that we are getting married sooner, as I love that thought :) )

Now however, it seems that as her sister and her sisters demon child Taiger (demon child only in the fact that he ruined my awesome proposal, not that he is the spawn of Lucifer) might not be able to go to China, as she has a child, and we might be moving the wedding back to June 24th (which my dad does not want, as it is the day BEFORE his birthday, but meh) I am excited to see what happens.

I don't care when we get married as long as I am sealed to her at some point. Date, Time, Place, those factors matter not in the grand scheme of things, all that matters is that it happens.
Pin It!

No comments: