Monday, February 8, 2010

Skiing!

Last Saturday Michael took me Skiing. I own no snow clothing so before we left, we went over to find his old clothes in his Moms basement. I put on his 14 year old brothers coat and his Mom started laughing because it was so big on me. I feel like Lilly when she goes to Marshals house for Thanksgiving on How I Met Your Mother. I ended up wearing Mikes pants from when he was 9 haha.
So, now that I was all set and ready, we headed to the great mountain. I had never been on skis before and it pretty much was just how I anticipated, haha. Tangling myself up, falling, and laughing, A LOT of laughing. I had a ton of fun, but I'm not sure I want to do it again, I might try snowboarding next time. See how that goes. I feel so badly though, BECAUSE! I didn't know, but the HUGE, GIANT hill, I was doing so well on! was not actually a hill at all. It was just the little slope in the snow that you pass over to get to the bunny hill. Which I guess is the hill for beginners. Who knew?
Michael kept asking if I wanted to go to the lift and take it up to the top of the hill and I kept saying no. I was doing so well on the "beginner hill" that I figured I'd get that down and then next time try the bigger one. So, needless to say, I didn't even make it to the bunny hill. Haha, I guess skiing just isn't my thing. I had a lot of fun though. I love Michael so much.

After we got back we went out to dinner and to see Dear John, I have the best fiance in the whole world, everyone should be jealous! When I got home and my family found out how AMAZING I was, they started laughing and told me I didn't need a pass to walk through the parking lot! Haha, That bunny hill should be afraid, because I'm totally going back next year! and I'm going to go down it! Oh, and that guy with only one leg that passed me, I'm going to pass him next year. And the guy with no legs that passed me, Get out of my way! You have it easy, you're sitting on a chair! And little 3 year old girl that also passed me, be afraid.

Martin Luther King Jr. once said, “I have a dream that one day every valley shall be exalted, every hill and mountain shall be made low, the rough places will be made straight...” I like that! Take me skiing again when that day comes :)


Pin It!

1 comment:

The Lamoreauxs said...

Haha, this made me laugh out loud. Oh Bryttan, I can just picture you wearing giant clothes and hiking up the mound of snow over and over....I'm sad I missed it!