Thursday, January 10, 2013

just a quick update

After a few different conversations with friends and family, I realized I was a little behind on Christmas clean up. I decided I better not leave the tree up until July, so down it came today. Packed away with all the other Christmas goodies, until next year.

It's nice to have Christmas cleaned up, so I can start decorating for real again. I have been having the most difficult time decorating this house! It's going to be the death of me.
 With the tree gone, I had an empty corner, housing a mess of cords that desperately needed to be hidden. I rearranged the furniture too many times, and finally settled on an old chair I pulled from the porch. I draped a blanket over it, and am really liking the way it looks. I've been playing around with some different things to pair with it. I really like how the pennant banner looks with it though. We'll see if it stays.
We had such a busy Christmas holiday, with friends and family. So much fun, but nice to be home at least for a little while. I leave for Idaho tomorrow (if the snow stops falling) and will be picking up our nephew. He's going to be staying with us for a while :)



My face is taking it's dear sweet time recovering, ugh, but recovering it is! What a long process this has been. I can't wait for it all to be over.

I'll post again (hopefully) soon. It seems that even though I'm home all day, I still seem to stay busy. Plus I wasn't really posting because it's silly to, where I don't have a million followers, and I'm writing in an actual journal, right? wrong. Because I don't keep a journal as well as I was keeping a blog, and I realized it doesn't matter how many followers I have if i'm using it more as a journal anyway. If someone finds our blog and really wants to read it, then read it they may. If not? Well at least I'll have stuff on record.

Happy new year!
Pin It!

2 comments:

Hotflash said...

I read it! I read it! I read it! I love it! I love it!

MommyBrec said...

I read it! Now that I am in Midterms week and searching DESPERATELY for something ANYTHING to help me in my procrastination of studying! LOL! I miss you, sister! I didn't realize how much I look forward to seeing you on Sundays when I drop of Mr. T! Love you!