Wednesday, February 9, 2011

a post that turned into more than I planned

My sister and 3 of her 6 kids are sick, (all 3 boys) so my Mom is leavin
g tomorrow to drive 5 hours to their home to take care of them. Dad is working and away in Montana. I have said it before and I'll say it again, I have the most wonder
ful parents in the
whole world. I am the luckiest.

-i love their stories. i love the way they they love each other. *photo by caitlyn nalder


-my favorite photo. happy and content. *picture by breclyn everett

-the day i got married. many emotions that day- *photo by april higham.

-my dad and me in '08 i think. i love him more than i can express.-

They have raised me and my siblings well. I can only pray that I will be as good of a person as each of them is. That I will be as wonderful of a parent at raising kids, and that I will be as close to my kids as they have always been with me. So here is what my Mom will be doing this week.
She will be playing with cute little granddaughters, nursing after her sick daughter, dealing with incredibly overwhelming situations. For one week she will be bringing light into a home that is dark. She will put smiles onto her grandchildren's faces and hopefully let them forget if only for a while about their fears. She will allow them to act like children again, and will be cleaning, and singing, while taking care of 3 sick little boys. I wish I could go with her for many reasons, but for other reasons I am unable.

Pin It!

1 comment:

Small Stones said...

What a beautiful tribute to Mom and Dad. They really are wonderful parents. :) You are such a good daughter, and you are already a wonderful person, like them. :) Love you, Bryttan!