Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Evelyn Evelyn

So I came upon a compilation of Amanda Palmer and Jason Webly called Evelyn Evelyn.

Almost everyone I know will hate their music (This is of course talking to you Mom, Karin, Brian, David, Dad, Angela, pretty much all of my family) But I love it.

The Album tells the story of fictional Siamese-Twin sisters Evelyn and Evelyn. The music is very...odd? It's like a Danny Elfman / Tim Burton meets Carnival Folk. And I've been listening to it for the past 2 days.

Love it.

I suggest those that enjoy odd music, check them out.

And for those in my family that will search this on youtube just to be disappointed, here is a video you can watch:

Pin It!

3 comments:

Angela Kramer said...

Ah you mistaken boy. I do think the tune is catchy in a Halloweeny sort of way.

Where did you hear abou thtis band?

Michael said...

I read a music magazine called Under The Radar, and there was a small blurb about them.

Hotflash said...

All I have to do is see "Tim Burton" and "Danny Elfman" and I know I won't like it.